In this policy, the “Company” or “we” or “us” shall mean Elevate 2 Limited (company number: 08735690; registered address Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2AT) and all its subsidiary undertakings (as defined in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006).
This policy shall be binding on all individuals working with or for or on behalf of the Company in any capacity at all levels and grades, including all managers, officers, directors, employees, consultants, contractors, workers (including casual, agency and seconded workers and homeworkers), agents, trainees, volunteers, interns, third party representatives and business partners.
We recognise the importance of the impact of our activities on the environment and that there is a need to constantly consider ways in which we can conserve energy and minimise waste in all activities that we undertake. The environmental policy is defined by the Board of Directors of the organisation and provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
Elevate2 maintains a publicly available environmental policy that is available either on request or on our website. This policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the organisation.
Elevate2 actively acknowledges our responsibility to protecting the environment in all areas of our work, from the projects we deliver, to our actions within the office. Specifically, we remain committed to reducing our impact upon the environment in the following ways:
The Company is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. The key points of its strategy to achieve this are to:
• Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible including use of appropriate recycling bins at the Company’s offices.
• Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of any of the Company’s power requirements.
• Manage electricity, water and gas supplies to ensure minimum consumption through energy efficient initiatives. It is our policy to make efficient use of natural light within our building and to conserve energy by adopting an ‘only turn on when using’ approach to equipment. We also endeavour to screen suppliers to ensure that materials provided by third parties adhere to green credentials.
• Ensure the continual prevention of pollution through the activities and behaviours of the company and its staff.
• Promote recycling actively, both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
• Source and promote through its purchasing policies products that minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution of the Company’s offerings in the marketplace.
• Meet or exceed all requirements of environmental legislation that relate to the Company.
Status of this policy
To ensure the organisation maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, the environmental management systems and this policy are regularly reviewed and are subject to annual audit.
This policy is not a part of any contract of employment or other contract and does not create contractual rights or obligations. We may amend, remove, or replace it at any time.